Originally from earlduque/ServiceNow-Developer-Training. Thanks Earl!
General instance restrictions #
- Do not promote update sets, install plugins, install applications, update applications, or change system properties during business hours as it automatically evokes a cache flush.
- Do not edit functionality for an application owned by another group without express permission from the TAG or IET Service Management.
- Do not export restricted information to external systems or instances.
- Do not impersonate other admin accounts to create updates.
- Do not grant admin access to other users. A rule is in place for IET Service Management to be notified every time this happens.
- Do not share admin credentials
- Do not use admin accounts to look at restricted records. All record views are recorded in the database.
- Report vulnerabilities found to IET Service Management.