Originally from earlduque/ServiceNow-Developer-Training. Thanks Earl!
Service Portal Standards #
Aka Widgets, Pages, and the front-end.
- New portals should be vetted by the TAG or IET Service Management as they may be granting access or read access to items/records that are not intended for the public
- Follow campus design standards (eg. common footer, color schemes, font-families, etc.)
- Do not display restricted information unless the user is logged in and is supposed to be able to see such information.
- Design widgets to be re-usable
- Do not edit other application widgets without permission
- Copy out-of-box widgets and edit the copy instead of editing the original.
- Be aware of how many libraries you import as it can impact performance.
- If using role restrictions, evoke CAS for users not logged in first.