Originally from earlduque/ServiceNow-Developer-Training. Thanks Earl!
UI Actions Standards #
- Use a distinctive name to distinguish from other UI Actions
- Use buttons, menus, and links appropriately in forms and lists. For example, do not clutter a form with too many buttons.
- Avoid putting all necessary logic in the UI Action, it is preferred to leverage Business Rules or Script Includes instead
- Do not modify commonly used UI Actions such as Save or Delete
- Add role restrictions to buttons you do not want accidentally pressed